Chocolates and roses and dinner out are great. I mean really great – and there’s a reason why they’re so tightly entwined with the traditions of Valentine’s Day. But it’s also fun – and extra romantic – to mix it up a little every so often. So this year The Pear Tree has compiled a short list of some romantic things to try this Valentine’s Day.
· Strap on those skates and hit an outdoor rink (have you visited Kelowna’s recent addition, downtown in Stuart Park?).
· Hit the coffee shop drive-thru for a hot drink then head for a linear park (the Mission Creek Greenway is our pick) for a romantic winter stroll.
· Cook dinner together then stay in and have a games-night for two. Have you ever played Scrabble with a seductive word theme?
· Go to the beach (or a favourite spot with a view of the horizon) and watch the sunset. Since the sun sets so early, you’ll still have lots of time after for dinner out, or one of our other ideas.
· Create a scavenger hunt, with notes directing your Valentine to the next activity or location.
· Pamper yourselves with a tandem massage at a nearby day spa.
· If you do opt for dinner out, consider making it an evening long event by trying a different restaurant for every course, including coffee after.
What’s on your Valentine’s To-Do list this year?
– Words and photo by Lori-Anne Poirier