Anyone out there planning to start wrapping your Christmas presents this weekend? I started this week but still have a long way to go.
Here’s a fun, easy trick I learned several years ago, for giving presents a bit of flare. It reminds me a bit of a tuxedo.
1. Measure paper with a generous overlap on the top.
2. Starting at the edge of the paper, make accordion folds – big, small, many or few, depending on your preference and amount of overlap.
3. Apply a small piece of tape just under the first fold, to secure it to the box or paper underneath it.
4. Apply another piece of tape just under the last fold.
5. Complete wrapping as per usual, complete with ribbons and bow.
6. Happy wrapping!
– Words and photos by Lori-Anne Poirier